Transplanting Cactus

Around November last year I planted several saguaro cacti from a kit i bought on a trip to the Grand Canyon. By now I have nearly 20 plants all about a 1/2 an inch tall, and it looks like they need to be transplanted to either a pot where they will have more room to grow (the current pot they are in is only two inches across; it came with the kit) or maybe even individual pots to save time later can anyone tell me how to do this safely without hurting either the cacti or my fingers? :)

Kitchen tongs used gently or fold some newpaper into a thin band and place it around the cacti and pick the long ends together where they meet and just pull snugly against the plant and hold gently enough to get a good grip.
Awesome, thanks! i just didn't want to like squish it or something. :) Much appreciated thanks everybody!

I use a folded strip of paper to hold the cactus, and use chopsticks to pack the soil. After transplanting a cactus, resist the (natural) temptation to water it, at least for a week or two.