Transplanting a Japanese Lilac. Too late?

I want to Transplant a small tree 7 feet that I planted this spring. Is it too late?Shuld I wait for spring? I'm in eastern Ontario Zone 6a.

Reply to
Ben

Give it a shot. Next time plant it where you want it ....Ya right ;)))

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

have you had a hard freeze yet? If not........dig yer hole where you want it, dig it up and plant it. Water it well, mulch it and hope for the best. Since sap has fallen, it should do fine. If you decide to wait until spring, dig it up when the ground is diggable and try not to disturb the roots so it won't know it was dug up. Don't worry, I planted a three gallon pot of lilac shoots a dear friend gave me in one spot, the landlord's son mowed it to the ground (this was before I knew about coppicing and stooling shrubs), I dug it up to be able to FIND it once it grew back. Then we moved to this house and I planted it in the wrong spot, replanted it, dug it up and eventually plugged it in where it is now. A total of five movings before it got where it is now. And NOW........it wouldn't let me dig it up without a tractor and a chain...LOL madgardener who moves shrubbery all the time..........................in zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Reply to
madgardener