Transplaneted Tree

I just transplaneted a 9ft birch tree from my front yard to the back of my yard and someone told me about some stuff I can use to help the roots take. They could not remember the name but said it started with an "R" and is suppose to provide microorganism to the roots. Can anyone help me?
Thanks
Redicular