Toxic Rain From Gulf Oil Leak

I was just wondering if we could get toxic rain from the chemicals used on the gulf oil leak? Many of our storms here in the eastern half of the US originate in the gulf. If this would be the case, it sure could have a dire effect on crops and food production.

Rich from PA

Reply to
EVP MAN

Unlikely. Chemicals like surfactants have very low vapor pressures. There would be volatile hydrocarbons like methane that would make it into the atmosphere to supplement the cow farts contributing to global warming.

Reply to
Frank

One product is Corexit: 2-butoxyethanol, a compound associated with headaches, vomiting and reproductive problems at high doses. Seems it is making the fishermen working the clean up sick, but if they put on a respirator (a respirator purchased by the fishermen), BP has told them that they will be fired.

Seems BP is more concerned about how the spill looks than it is about health repercussions.

For the surfactants to work, it needs to stay in the water, I doubt that much will reach the East Coast, but BP isn't saying what they're doing and what they are using, except that they are making progress.

Look them up in Wikipedia, they are quit a company. They were the EPAs #1 polluter in 2006.

Reply to
Billy

President Oboma put in a quick appearance and then high tailed it out of there! He didn't even stay and talk to the locals, especially the fishermen who make their livings from fishing the gulf. People were sick of Bush and wanted change. That's how Oboma won the election by campaigning on change. Well things here in the USA shure did change, didn't they? Are you better off now than you were when Bush was in office? In my opinion, they all suck!

Rich ........... Or is that pronounced Obama in African? Wonder what his birth cirtificate reads? Sheeeeeessshhh!

Reply to
EVP MAN

I didn't take you for a birther before, but it is duly noted now.

The Tea Party has been called the party of the terminally upset. Is that what appeals to you?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

Did you see the huge tar ball he was examining?

to be pea sized.

In my younger days, I recall football sized tar balls at the beach in Delaware.

Reply to
Frank

They were 100th in campaign funding, but only 27% of that went to the Democrats. I suspect that will change over the next couple of campaign cycles. Now there's change you can take to the bank. I wouldn't want to give the impression though, that I thought there was much difference between the DNC and the RNC. They are just the liberal and conservative wings of the Kleptocrats, IMHO.

Reply to
Billy

White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3172.bay.webtv.net:

At the risk of contributing to an OT discussion, what exactly is the "African" language?

~~BB

Reply to
BB

I'd hazard a guess.

Shango (Chan-go) 7:08 Olatunji Olatunji! Drums Of Passion Jazz MPEG audio file 1990

Reply to
Bill who putters

I would imagine most any tribal language spoken in the native tongue of any given region of Africa.

Reply to
EVP MAN

Nothing that is going to get in the way of a bigot, when he is trying to score irrational points by stirring up racism. Funny thing though, we, or our ancestors, all came from Africa. There are plenty of real reasons to be irritated with Obama. The color of his skin isn't one of them.

Reply to
Billy

Where did they go wrong in the next three years?

Reply to
Mark Anderson

Who said that they ever got it right, except for quarterly profits?

Reply to
Billy

Thanks you for the post.

Reply to