Tough Tomatoes

This year we planted three varieties of tomatoes in zone 5. All were slow to fruit and develop, but we are now harvesting. I noticed that all of the ones we have eaten have very tough skins. What would cause this?
On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 10:38:24 AM UTC-7, Notat Home wrote:

Tell us the names of the thick-skinned guys so we can avoid.
HB
Notat Home wrote:

Ah ha! They are genetically modified, with the SprMrkt#5 gene, it is transferred from a walrus. You should see what happens to them walrusses after they have their jeans taken off....
On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:17:12 PM UTC-7, David Hare-Scott wrote:

Or am I having my leg pulled? Very naive...
HB

Slow growth, and dry farming make for stronger cell walls.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
<