Tough Tomatoes

This year we planted three varieties of tomatoes in zone 5. All were slow to fruit and develop, but we are now harvesting. I noticed that all of the ones we have eaten have very tough skins. What would cause this?

Reply to
Notat Home

Tell us the names of the thick-skinned guys so we can avoid.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Ah ha! They are genetically modified, with the SprMrkt#5 gene, it is transferred from a walrus. You should see what happens to them walrusses after they have their jeans taken off....

David Hare-Scott

Slow growth, and dry farming make for stronger cell walls.

Reply to
Billy

Or am I having my leg pulled? Very naive...

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson