Tool Hire

Hi,
I am new to this gardening malarkey but i had a massive mound of mud in my garden which the gardener decided to leave there and now i have a bit more time to myself i have been turning my hand to gardening but still with these mounds i am thinking of hiring a mini digger but the cheapest i can find is this tool hire company called national tool hire shops does anyone know any cheaper ones?
thanks
--
robert fewtrell

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 16:41:22 +0000, robert fewtrell

There's a bunch of rental places. Home improvement centres (big box hardware stores) often rent tools, and there are a few national chains (Big-4 rents I believe is one). I've generally rented from the local outfits myself, but more often than not, I just buy the tool, sometimes seeking a good deal on a secondhand one.
FTR, you're posting to the international USENET group rec.gardens, and not indicating where you're located -- readers are left to make the judgement call that since you're using gardenbanter.co.uk you might be in the UK, though I'd wager I could set up a gardenbanter account easily enough, despite being in California...
robert.fewtrell.gardenbanana uk wrote:

You're not at all clear on what it is you need to do and the size of this excavation... you may get by with a wheelbarrow and a shovel or your job may require a bulldozer. Before even thinking DIY call in a few contractors to give you estimates and meanwhile pick their brains as to what all your job entails... and only then if you feel confident you can DIY proceed, or hire someone. Remember the adage about DIY that the cheap often ends up expensive.
Gareth Drew wrote:

Wow! For a business name Jewson is as smarmy as Christian. They give free estimates here: http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Gay.Excavating.Inc.989-835-6201
Brooklyn1;955027 Wrote: > Gareth Drew wrote:-

> in

> bit

> cheapest

> Building, Safet' (http://www.nationaltoolhireshops.co.uk )-

> Building, Safet' (http://www.nationaltoolhireshops.co.uk )
Not sure what you mean by the name, but I've used National Tool Hire Shops and had a good deal from them
--
Yosserwirral