Too late to prune holly

I live north of Albany, NY. (Is that zone 5?) Winter got away from me and I never pruned my holly bush. Is it too late?

Reply to
Chris Nelson

I prune all year but most about Dec. for holiday stuff. Never pruned my male hollies or the Japanese except when they encroached on walk ways. Did a over serious bit of pruning last fall and my small pond was made visible to A great blue heron . Won't happen again.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I have pruned holly bushes at any season to retain a shape or get thicker growth.

Reply to
Phisherman

I live near Albany... deer pruned my two holly down to nubs every winter. Come spring it would start growning again and by the end of summer they were bigger and thicker than ever, but I got tired of looking at nubs for the Holidays so two years ago I removed them. I had two holly on Long Island too, grew so fast I was forever pruning them, didn't matter what time of year.

Reply to
brooklyn1