Too late to plant new shrubs?

I want to rip out my old nasty foundation plantings and put in new plantings. Is it too late in the spring to plant new shrubs?

I would like some plantings with larger leaves, I don't care for the box elder variants I have. Anyone have recommendations for foundation plants, low maintenance, partial sun, Raleigh, NC area?

Thanks.

Last thing, here is a rough sketch of our plantings if anyone could give me some advice on what to plant and where.

Mac Cool

Plant away! The sooner the better. The safest time is when shrubs are dormant, but you can do it just about *any* time as long as it's done carefully and properly. Lots of choices can work for you. Nice Windows Paint work! If your home is an older one, you can choose plants popular to that time period i.e. yews, spruce, hostas, etc. for older homes, arborvitae and spirea for newer. Not a rule, just a suggestion. See what the neighbors have as well. That could be very helpful. Just keep in mind the mature height of plants, not what they look like in the Home Depot 1 gallon containers. Good luck. :-)

Reply to
Merle O'Broham