Tomatoes won't set

Help - I live in Southern Calif. It's been hotter than heck.

My tomato plants are doing great, vitality-wise, but no fruit this summer. It has been pretty hot out where I live (San Gabriel valley)

Variety? Some hybrid, sorry don't remember, but definitely a mass-market type.

Can I/Should I try "blossom set" hormone???

Reply to
Steve

Do you have blossoms? Not much to lose by trying the blossom set.

My cherrie tomatoes are doing well, considering. They came from seed from last year's plants.

Reply to
Charles

Is hotter than heck hotter than hell or not as hot?

Unless you are getting cool nights, you will not get fruit setting no matter what you do and spraying blossom set will be a complete waste of money.

Refer to a website on tomato growing that explains their biology before wasting your money.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-