Tomato wilt!

Damn, damn, damn! The deadly wilt strikes again. We (Santa Monica CA) had a bad spell all over town about 3-4 years ago. Why does this (*&^$%^))_* strike every few years -- and why not, come to think of it, EVERY year?
I don't see too many others on the NG from So. Calif. coastal, but if you are out there, could you say whether you're having it too?
Grrrrrrrr!
Higgs Boson wrote:

Warmth and humidity has much to do with it. Here (Oz not SoCal) the worst time is a rainy summer with warm cloudy days of drizzling rain.
David
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:51:31 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

My tomatoes are leafy and large, little fruit. The weather has been too hot here with lows in the upper 70's
wow,i don't like
--
ter001

found one of my tomato plants with wilt and brown... discovered mosquito repellant sitting next to plant and my husbands foot rest (guitar) in front of the chair............. conclusion, he sprayed himself so liberally he oversprayed onto the plants. arrrghghh ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago