tomato from seed

One of my tomato plants is looking especially productive. I want to try to grow another from its seeds. Yet I have no idea how to save them. Can I just dry them in the sun? What will damage them?
Joe Murphy wrote:

If you have a hybrid, the seeds are likely to revert to previous generations. You'll lose some of the characteristics that you like (high yield). If you have the name of the tomato, try to get fresh seeds for next year.