tomato emergency...... help!!!!!!!!!!

I set my tomatoes out a little over a week ago. Some already had flower clusters. The neighbor sprayed the fence row a few days later with Round-Up and now our tomatoe's new growth is all distorted from the drift. Will they recover and produce fruit or will they remained deformed and not bear? Please, does anyone know? Should I replace them or will they recover?

You should replace them.
--

Billy

They will probably not recover. How crappy!
At least cut off any distorted growth, try washing the plant off. But don't hold your breath, I'm sorry. Plus, I don't think you want to eat anything that plant produces now....
Once my ex-husband got crazy with the weed n' feed, sprayed all the plants in the yard. It was not pretty. I went on a spree at my favorite nursery, but it didn't make up for losing my babies.
Go get some crazy fun heirlooms or something. Maybe that will take the sting off your loss.

What does the damage from Round-Up look like on tomatoes?

Katey Didd wrote:

IIRC, they turn yellow (starting with new growth), stop growing, and die. But there's no twisted and tortured-looking growth that you get with broadleaf herbicides like 2,4-d.
Bob

Sorry, they will die. It's the way Round Up works I'm afraid. I know someone who lost his entire crop at a local allotment because some prat in the next plot did the same.
PDM.
"Katey Didd" wrote:

This is a case of intentional malicious spite work... time for some tit for tat... first opportunity toss one of your old bras behind the seat of your nasty neighbor hubby's car.

All the same, offer them some tomatoes from your harvest so that they get the point;-)
--

Billy

<Persephone> wrote in message wrote:

Yes. The last owners of their lot let weeds and vines grow all over the fence and side of their yard. They're cleaning up the property which is good. They claim they saw rats. I've seen no rats but it's possible. Had I known they were going to spray with weed killer I would have covered the plants with tarp.

No, our season lasts until late October so there is time yet.

Yes, they will let me know next time so I can cover the garden. I also ask them to wait until a very calm day to spray. They understand. I talk to her this morning. I know they need to clean out that side of their yard of weeds and other wild vegetation. They didn't know about drift.

I'm going to replace them this week. Bummer......... :(