Tomato blossom but no fruit

Had a terrible year with tomatoes. (Last year was marvelous.) They put out blossoms galore, but never turned into tomatoes. Friend suggested I get a spray to "fix" the blossoms. I did, but no luck.
The one plant, near the compost bin, is still valiantly blossoming but no tomatoes.
Any suggestions?
I'm in Southern California coastal.
Thanks.
--
Aspasia

My year started with lots of flowers. The most i ever saw. MY tomatos came late but did i ever get them. I'm in wisconsin and there were so many that i had them ripening in my basement after it got colder. I bought my seeds from johnny's seed this year for the first time and was i so happy. I started all my plants in the basement under lights too.

It has been a few years, but I added garden lime and Epsom salts when I planted tomatoes in heavily composted soil. I believe the blossom drop is caused by a lack of magnesium (Epsom salts).
Regards,
Hal

Much appreciation to garden friends for suggestions. It's not too late, in our mild climate, to try the Epsom Salts treatment. The remaining plant (near the compost heap) is still roaring away producing blossoms, so I'll give it a dose of salts.
Odd, NEVER had that problem before with blossoms but no fruit, in all these years. Sigh! Fortunately we have many farmers' markets here every week.
Thanks again to all.
--
Aspasia