Tomato Arbor

I am building a tomato vine arbor for six tomato plants that are each in seven gallon nursery pots. The frame is constructed of 2X4 lumber and the frame will be draped with bird netting.

I am unsure of the dimensions that each plant will require to maintain best health while being conservative with ground space. If I can determine this then I can calculate the dimensions to cut the wood.

The planter pots are fourteen inches in diameter, but will probably be larger in the future. I will tier the indeterminate vines on the spiral support, but have no idea how tall they will go, or how wide to allow for them.

With estimates from experienced tomato growers I will have data to use when I go to saw the lumber.

I would appreciate advice, suggestions, opinions and cautions as to how to proceed with constructing the tomato's new home.

Tomato varieties that are now potted are on this list:

Arbor Sketch Link:

don't hesitate to comment. This kitchen garden is a learning experience for me, so I welcome other's point of view.

Kitamun

Reply to
kitamun