tomato advice please

My tomatoes are 8+ ft tall but don't fruit as well as I'd like. Does anyone know of a treatment to get them to fruit more and grow less?
Thanks
Chris Thompson wrote:

Chris,
Several things could be causing your problem. How much sun do they get? Too little sun could cause them to grow "leggy". How often do you feed them and what type of fertilizer do you use? Excess nitrogen fertilizer (the first number in the formula) can result in plants with extremely vigorous vine growth but little fruit production. I use 5-10-10 about every three weeks and that works well for me.
Here is a link to a fact sheet on growing tomatoes: http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/1000/1624.html and there is LOTS of other sites that have a lot of information on growing tomatoes. Use this link, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=growing+tomatoes and you will find all the information you need.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850
Chris Thompson wrote:

Hi, Chris. My best guess is you need to stop watering them for a few days and stop applying any fertilizer. If the bottom leaves begin to turn yellow, add the fertilizer again. Soak the plants when fairly dry only. -- bigmike sure, why not? ------------------------------------------------------------------------ posted via www.GardenBanter.co.uk

This sounds as if they are not getting enough light~~ very typically. Brian