tobacco dust alterative pesticide

I have been using tobacco dust residue from a local manufacturing facilty as a natural ferilizer in my pumpkin patch. The nitrogen and rotting nutrients were great but I noticed very little bug bites and insects eating the leaves and stems. Researching the internet I have found organic gardeners us the tobacco dust for the nicotine use. Its a natural insecticide repellant. I have found after researching the matter online just add a teaspoon of tobacco dust,teaspoon if black pepper and add water and a few drops of liquid soap in a 20 oz bottle of water and spray on home and garden plants for a insecticide and fertilizer. Please search online for tobacco dust and its uses in your gardening. I am offering tobacco dust for 2 dollars a lb. add shipping charges by going to usps.com for calculating shipping charges. Michael keen 126 happy acres ln Jamestown Ky 42629

Reply to
Mikey

On 8 Dec 2006 06:56:17 -0800 in , "Mikey" graced the world with this thought:

ummm... I'm curious about the "organic" thing, since tobacco itself is one of the most highly pesticide sprayed crops in existence....?

Reply to
bizbee

The original poster was a spammer. They're not likely to reply to you. And they probably confuse no-synthetic pesticides with organic, not certified organic.

-S

Reply to
Snooze

I was raised on a farm and we used the remaining tobacco staulks and waste and spread over the fields as a fertilizer and tilled under for the next years crop. The leaves was saved and sold to the tobaco markets. Around the edges of the field the grass was always greener where the staulks had rotten though the winter. After using the tobacco dust on the pumpkin patch remembering this from the above story,the leaves were much greener(natural nitrogen etc..) I noticed also very little bug bites which are very common in pumpkins. I also experimented with the dust as a turf builder in my yard which had some hard to grow areas. This worked well also. My flowers around the porches had done very well also not only with good growth but less bug activity. I did not let any dust be arould the flowering bulbs as to not effect pollination with bees. If anyone knows any information pro or con using tobacco dust which is finely crushed leaves,stems let this be known on the rec.garden or snipped-for-privacy@duo-county.com

Reply to
Mikey