To plant or not to plant in Zone 7?

I have several roses in containers, two climbers and a Queen Elizabeth, which I want to put into the ground, but I'm wondering if it's too late in the season here to plant them. The spots I've picked out are in full sun most of the day throughout the winter, if that matters in this case. Any advice for me? Thanks in advance!
Rhonda Alexandria, VA Zone 7
****************** Each of us, a cell of awareness imperfect and incomplete Genetic blends with uncertain ends on a fortune-hunt that's far too fleet

As long as the plants you are considering are fully hardy for your zone, you can plant at any time up until the soil freezes.
pam - gardengal

Hmmm.....don't you think the plants might like 2-4 weeks to grow more roots before the ground freezes?

This is not always a precise concern. Perhaps even less of concern in zones 7 and 8 than in colder areas. Soils seldom freeze soldily down more than a few inches until mid to late winter and a number of prolonged cold spells. Since the top soil level is typically above where most roots reside, they still continue to develop and some trees and broadleaf evegreens will continue root development even in frozen soils. And we humans tend to get frightened off from gardening as soon as the weather turns nasty anyway, allowing enough leeway to accomodate most plantings.
FWIW, in my climate it is never too late for planting :-)
pam - gardengal

Don't torture me! I'm in Rochester NY, zone 5. I just called a local nursery looking for European ginger, a great little shade plant. The lady said she that she would've dug some for me if I'd called 3 weeks ago, but not now. She said she hates to send plants to their death.