Tips And Advice For Hybrizing

Haha, like I said on my last post, I'm new to hyrbidizing daylilies. Any tips or advice for me? I tried a crossing but it failed, no idea why...
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com said:

Some daylily varieties are diploid (2 sets of chromosomes, like the original wild ancestor) while others are tetraploid (4 sets of chromosomes, created by manipulating daylily seedlings or tissue with colchicine).
There are a few triploid daylilies which are sterile so will not set seed.
Be sure you are crossing diploid to diploid and tetraploid to tetraploid, otherwise you won't get fertile seed.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."