Tiny yellow spots on leaves: pests or disease?

All leaves of my primroses, some roses and catmint this summer got covered with tiny yellow spots (see attached). Rhododendron, Azalea and Begonia are intact. I thought it's a whitefly and used Rose Clear Ultra and Provado Ultimate Bug Killer to cure the plants( but with no success) and cut the catmint to the roots.

Did anyone encounter the same problem in the garden? What's this? Is there a chance these pests will die over the winter?

Please help

KittyB

Yellow stippling like this is often caused by spider mites.

Examine the bottoms of the leaves with a strong magnifying glass.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

There are several diseases which is happening in plants but yellowing leaves can be caused by a number of conditions. If the cause is obvious, you can fix it immediately. If the cause isn't so obvious, try changing one thing at a time until you fix it. Even after you correct the problem, however, it's likely that yellow leaves will fall off with time. Don't worry: if the plant regains its health, it's very possible that new leaves will fill in during the next growing season

pfe47

Thank you very much for your replies! Looks like spider mite. I'll try the Scotts Bug Clear Ultra Gun" insecticide to get rid of them.

KittyB