time to fruiting..

I'm a beginning vegetable gardener (7b Atlanta). Garden is in the sunniest part of the yard, which is still in part shade for parts of the day (1/3).
The garden has been in for weeks and everything is growing but nothing has any fruit on it yet, although there are flowers. The tomatoes are going on 4' tall, the squash is a bushy 3' and the bell pepper almost 3'. The cukes and melons are a few feet long.
Now, I have little to compare this to but what I read here about 16" pepper plants with fruit and friend's smaller tomato plants with small crowded fruits.
So, am I doing something right or wrong? Or is this an artifact of not having as much light?
Jeff

Could be the light. Too many variables, i.e. light, soil, fertilizer, watering, arrangement (layout), cultivar, time of planting. Your garden is going to be a source of discovery for many years.
--

- Billy