Tiered strawberries

I am thinking of putting a pyramid in my yard to grow strawberries. I would like a 1meter x 1meter box to form the base, and decrease it by about .4 meters with each tier. I know I will need a variety of strawberry that does well in containers. I plan on killing off any runners that escape the pyramid. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Any advice is appreciated!
Chris
Rockaway NY, Zone 7a
Chris wrote:

I wonder if there are varieties of strawbs that do better or worse in containers, they tend to fill whatever space is available in my experience. Can anybody say for sure?
At your latitude even in summer the north side will get less sun than the south and so may not be as productive but it should still look nice.
David.