tibetan cherry trees

greetings, anyone know where in virginia or maryland one could purchase some tibetan cherry trees? having a difficult time finding them.

thanks!

Reply to
rottyguy70

presley

yes, prunus serrula. we appreciate the bark as well as it's vertical size.

Reply to
rottyguy70

"presley" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Michael Dirr says 'Very difficult to find commercially but worth seeking.' If *he* says it's difficult to find you know you will have problems locating it. Growit.com, which is a good source for contractors/nurserymen for wholesale suppliers, doesn't even list it.

I note forestfarm.com has it in 5 gal. size:

David Bockman

david, thanks as always for your comments. it's good to have you in the 'neighborhood' :-)

have you had success from this company shipping trees across the country?

Reply to
rottyguy70

" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Yes, forest farms has a great reputation. I've ordered personal stuff from them several times, but it would never be profitable for me to use them as a primary source for material-- their prices are pretty steep *but* the depth of selection is really impressive.

Reply to
David Bockman