Thermogenic plants

Hi All,
Came across an interesting article on Wilipedia. Plants that create their own heat. Some melt though the snow:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermogenic_plants
These plants would not be something you'd want to plant in your own garden. Better to give as a gift to an ex-wife or a relative you did not like (they smell bad):
skunk cabbage dead-horse arum carrion flower
:-)
-T
Todd wrote:

Triffids "Audrey Jr" the legendary Puking Tree of Mozambique
;)
On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 00:19:20 -0800, Todd wrote:

Thanks! I've always wondered how skunk cabbage could beat all those other herbaceous plants through the snow layers in the spring.
On 1/7/2014 3:04 PM, Frank Miles wrote:

Got me thinking. Is skunk cabbage responsible for global warming?
On 1/7/2014 3:19 AM, Todd wrote:

Skunk cabbage is a rite of spring for my brother. There is a bog near him that he visits to see the first plants of the year.
Jeff