The Soil Recipe

~ THE SOIL RECIPE ~
1 quart soil (from garden or top 2" layer in a field or river bank) 1 quart peat moss 1 pint vermiculite 2 Tablespoons of whiting (or ground limestone, NOT dehydrated lime)
Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Mix in 1/3 c. water and push the mixture through a 6-mesh hardware cloth. Place in a 3-quart pan (a disposable turkey roaster pan works well) and add enough water to thoroughly wet it. Bake at 275 degrees for an hour. At the end of the baking process there will be a slight caramel-like smell that disappears rather quickly. Cool and push the mixture through the screen again. If you want an acidic soil omit the whiting. African violets grow best in the mix as given above.
Can I use this for stuffing this Thanksgiving?
In article snipped-for-privacy@noone.com says...

--
Nixon hated running for president during football season, but he did
it anyway. Nixon was a professional politician, and I despised