The cyclamen have arrived!

Now for the grunt work of installing my 50 little already budding coums. I've tucked almost half of them in amongst the roots of a big oak and under some azaleas, just praying that the birds or squirrels won't think "freshly dug earth...must investigate". They have a nice amount of variation in the leaf patterns, colors magenta to light pink to (maybe) white. Arrived very carefully packed--best job I've seen--from Sunshine Farms. zemedelec
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamfree (Zemedelec) wrote:

Glad to hear they send a good variety of leaf-type & flower-color. I received the Sunshine Farms announcement of their sale even for MATURE potted specimens, & was tempted because I do think highly of Sunshine Farms, but I'm too broke just now, plus I've local-growers access to unusual varieties (though mainly for two-year seedlings that sometimes cost as much as Sunshine presently wants for mature plants).
-paghat
<<Glad to hear they send a good variety of leaf-type & flower-color. >>
Not to knock down their services, but they did because I specifically asked for them. I've seen Lebanese cyclamen in the wild by the hundreds, so I know how much they can vary even on the same hill. <<I've local-growers access to unusual varieties (though mainly for two-year seedlings that sometimes cost as much as Sunshine presently wants for mature plants).>>
Lucky @#$^*!
-paghat
--
zemedelec