the 17 year cicada

I hope my post regarding the destruction of the female 17 year cycle cicada was useful to someone. I went thru some angst trying to decide if I should post it, but knowing there are people out there that aren't scared of the bugs but might not realise the damage the female is doing where they are at was enough motiviation for me to be nice and put one post out of several informative posts regarding this pest.

I don't mind that I got no response. I just hope someone was helped out by it like I was when I looked it up after seeing massive damage to the ends of my trees and shrubs and it gets worse by the hour...........

madgardener sticky from the humidity and working outside all day at lowes in Eastern Tennessee (feels like the inside of a Smucker's jam jar)

Reply to
madgardener

I read a few posts, not yours, looked at the maps on a site, none are in my part of the country.. and the few posts I looked at just looked like quarreling, so I highlighted the entire cicada area and deleted 'em. Sorry didn't see yours or anything about how they were doing damage.

Janice

Reply to
Janice

Not to worry, the southwest is free of them.

Reply to
Starlord

no harm done Janice. I'm not being whiny about it (I hope I don't "sound" whiny, I just thought there were enough people in the regions here on the newgroup that might get a heads up regarding their damage. My Red-eyed devils hatched about three weeks ago and are in mid lust and fornication with heavy destruction from the females in their slicing and laying of future generation of kids on all my trees and shrubs..............I'll be glad when they're gone, the dead males have clogged up the gutters enough that it took oldest son on a trip up the two story ladder to clean the back corner gutter out when their accumulated bodies caused rain to push into the window during a gully washer the other day.

Reply to
madgardener

Reply to
madgardener

Haven't seen any here yet, just southwest of Cleveland Ohio. I remember the last time though. Even the beaches were covered with them. You could go swimming in the lake, but couldn't find a place to sit down. :)

Jeana

Reply to
Jeana