Tender cauliflower plant broken

Hi,
I started Burpees cauliflower seeds indoor on 21st February, 2009 in peat moss strips with the soil less media (50% peat moss + 50% vermiculite). I kept them in 68 F next to my window. The germination took place in 4 days. During the last 4 weeks it grown up to 3 to 4 inches height with only 2 small leaves and yesterday it just broken down half-way & died. The stem was hair thin and that caused the plant to brake, I believe.
What is wrong with my indoor setup? I took care of it really well.
Thanks in advance.
Regards Ganesh
Zip: 45040, Ohio USDA Plant Hardiness Zone: 6
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 08:57:13 -0700 (PDT), gar_newbie

Maybe "damping off?" There are a number of other things you can do, but direct sunlight plus good air circulation does wonders in preventing fungus.

For damping off, what you say is good. Years ago I started sprinkling the surface of the starting mix with cinnamon, a proven antifungal, and have had not a single seedling damp off.
Smells damned fine also. :-)
One alsi needs to keep artificial lights within and inch or so of the seedlings and be sure you have full coverage with your lights.
Charlie
gar_newbie wrote:

Not enough light once they germinated. You need to move them progressively into strong light, then part sun, then full sun. Cauilflower is not an indoor plant.
David