Tell Me About Stock

I planted stock in my garden this year, it is said to attract butterflys and hummingbirds. At first it was beautiful tall blooms that smelt fabulous. Now its not doing so well,. Should I pop the dead stalk off and will it come back again and bloom?

Stock is a cool weather annual. See if there are seeds on the plant and release them where you want them to come up next spring...even late winter. They like the same conditions as snapdragons, viola and pansy.
Victoria
What does Stock look like? A search didn't produce much for me.
Laura B.
http://www.anniesannuals.com/signs/m/matthiola_bicornis_ESS.htm