taro help needed

my elephant ears keep turning green even when i purchase very black specimens my pond is in direct sunlight is this the reason? thank you very much
Just wear a hat and let your hair grow long and nobody will notice the color of your elephant ears!!!
Bright light should encourage the formation of anthocyanin pigment. Too much nitrogen in the fertilizer or water would discourage it.