tahitian gardenia

I purchased a Tahitian gardenia as an indoor plant. Its been about two months and the leaves look wilted and some have fallen of. Can anyone give me tips for growing Tahitian gardenia indoors?

Thanks

Reply to
tasha

Are you over watering that plant? Sounds like it might be. We have several tiare gardenias growing outside so I don't know how they'd do as inside plants but make sure you have well draining potted soil and be careful about the watering. You might also go back to the nursery you bought the plant from, and ask them their opinion too.

Good luck.

with aloha, Thunder

smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
smithfarms pure kona

I don't know about the Tahitian part but I have gardenias in the house. I do get some leaf drop when I move indoors. Problems I have had were spider mites which are kept in check by misting and scale which took a spraying (outdoors) with a systemic. Mother plant over

30 years old looks great and with coaxing, she now has a bunch of little clones ;) Frank
Reply to
Frank Logullo

a small bit to add: Tahitian gardenias are "more tropical" than 'regular' gardenias (gardenia jasminoides) - it could be too cold. They do grow on the wet side of the Big Island as well, but it looks like they grow better in hotter places, and they may require better drainage than other gardenias.

Aloha,

Maren (I have lost potted tahitian gardenias both to underwatering and to overwatering - outside)

Reply to
Maren Purves