T8 Grow Lights?

I finally gave up trying to find balanced spectrum MH lights in the 150 watt range, with matching ballasts or systems. I guess no one makes them.

But what about T8's? I understand a 3-4 light T8 fixture can put out

12,000 lumens or so above your plants.

The problem I'm finding is that no one apparently makes grow light tubes in T8, is that true? Lamps that have just the spectrum that plants need the most?

Reply to
Mama Bear

T8 lamps are wide-spectrum already (and they maintain their brightness well as they age.) Just get 3000k lamps -- has more red in it than

3500k or 4100k or 5000k. Plants love 'em.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

I can find T5 grow lights from the site I gave you before. 2 and 4 foot.

2 to 8 bulbs per fixture.

-- If I had something witty to say, this is where I'd say it.

Reply to
John Hines

Can I assume you're looking for indoor plant lighting? If so, you really don't need to go to the expense of grow lights or full spectrum lights. A University person here in Wisconsin advised me some years ago that using one cool and one warm (blue & pink?) fluorescent tube per fixture works nearly as well as any of the more expensive options.

Suzy O, zone 5, Wisconsin

Reply to
Plant Info