Systemic insecticide for roses

I can not find the granular systemic insecticide for roses. I've used this product (any brand, Ortho, Bayer, K-Gro, etc) for many years and now it is not available at Home Depot, WalMart, nor K-Mart. Has this product been removed from the market? (The granules smell a little like Circus Peanuts.) I've tried dozens of methods to control aphids and Japanese beetles (including many "organic" controls) but the granular systemic seems to be the most effective.

Reply to
Phisherman

They Bayer stuff is available in Home Depot here. I use the 3 in 1 that comes as a goopy liquid, so I see the granular one when I'm scanning the shelves looking for the one I want. There are a lot of stores carrying some of the Bayer products, but none that carry them all. There are two Home Depots that I sometimes go to, and each time I go to either, they have a different mix of products on those shelves, and more importantly, they can differ from each other, too.

There's a farm store nearby -- Wilco Farm Store -- that also has some of the Bayer products, but has them in different sized packages than I find at Home Depot, Lowes, or the nearby discount department store, or even the garden center.

Or you can get it here:

Warren

I use Actara - at my place very effective ( also I use it for vegetables)

Reply to
Powerless Agronomist