Sycamores leaves turning

I have noticed that the Sycamores in both Sacramento and in Los Angeles are starting to turn yellow. Seems way to early for this. Anyone have an idea about it?

Here in the Northeast a wet spring means the sycamores are easy to spot on any hillside as they are the trees defoliated by anthracnose and similar disease. Most recover without a hitch. Has it been dry where you are? if the leaves are not making a surplus of food the tree doesn't keep them.
It has been very dry here and in the West in general. Of course "dry" refers to the non-irrigated areas and the Sycamores I'm referring to are all in irrigated areas.

The yellow color on sycamore trees (in the east) is usually a result of mites in mid summer, syc. lacebug, and often some anthracnose. We are just sort of habituated to it I guess.
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC