Sweetgrass -- what do you do with it?

I was thinking about buying some Sweetgrass from a local herb garden since I heard it is actually endangered from over-harvesting but I was wondering what is the best way to keep it/display it/contain it/etc.
From what I saw of it in the fall, it looked pretty much like any other grass so obviously it has to be put somewhere where it won't be confused with lawn grass. Then what? Does anyone have any good ideas about how to display it? Or, hey, SHOULD it be treated like regular (although much more expensive) grass?
I know they also use it in basketry (and I am a sometimes basketmaker) but the Sweetgrass I saw was only a few inches high. Does it grow longer than that?
Any personal experiences with Sweetgrass will be appreciated.
Thx.
On 2007-02-14 11:30:32 -0500, FragileWarrior

I live in the Charleston, SC where sweetgrass basket makers are everywhere. Its not uncommon to see their family members riding bicycles with huge bunches of stalks 3-4' long.
I don't know where to tell you to grow it as it grows wild here and, if I'm not mistaken, prefers swamp/marsh areas.
--
Tara

other

Huh. The stuff I saw here was only a few inches. Maybe they mow it or something.

I'm going to get some and try it. They say it smells like vanilla and I love that smell.
On Feb 14, 11:30 am, FragileWarrior

There's some good information here:
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/proceedings1993/V2-442.html#SWEETGRASS%20IDENTITY%20AND%20HABITAT

Thanks!