sweet cherries in Kentucky?

I would like a sweet cherry, but our county extension agent here says they just do not do well in Kentucky. Does anyone know of a type of cherry that would do well here?

Reply to
Kentucky Di

presley

I live in Ohio in Zone 5; my son lives in Kentucky, and his weather seems very similar to ours, so I would guess that weather is not why they don't do well there. I wonder what the reason is?

Any way, we have had a sweet cherry tree (Stella variety) for over twenty years and it has been do> I would like a sweet cherry, but our county extension agent here says

Reply to
Not

When we lived in Arkansas, I planted sweet cherry trees. We didn't stay there long enough to see how they did, but I did notice that the peach tree borer got into them more then they did into any of the other fruit trees. They didn't seem to grow very fast in the 3 years they were in the ground either, compared to the apples/peaches.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne