SWEET AUTUMN CLEMATIS flowers

I've had 2 of these growing for the past 2 years in Indiana and they grow like crazy, but where are the autumn fragrant flowers I heard about?
This is year #2 and I don't see anything that even resembles a flower.
??
??? mine flowered first year. maybe you bought duds? where did you buy them? how much sun do they get? Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at http://weloveteaching.com/puregold / sign up: http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/web/wa.cgi?REPORT&z=3 www.drsolo.com Solve the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE
pretty much full sun....bought at Meijer stores....can this plant actually be a "dud" and not flower?
Foliage like crazy but not a single flower and here it is October.

I am zone 5 and bloom is all over with already. well, try again next year, no nitrogen fert. dont cut them back either. Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at http://weloveteaching.com/puregold / sign up: http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/web/wa.cgi?REPORT&z=3 www.drsolo.com Solve the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE
all of mine died for whatever reason, but the remaining vine hidden in the dead foliage regenerated me a few green sprigs and that sprig is now blooming a few flowers for me. I suspect that the plant's roots were disturbed by my clumsy cat that likes to perch on the rungs of the trellis the clematis is clambering over. It used to house the wisteria, and underneath it, is a kerria japonica that is intent on conquering that corner of the bed. I suspect Piquito or Polluxx got in there under the bushes limbs and disturbed wherever the roots of the sweet Autumn clematis was at, everywhere else, along side the country roads and everywhere here in Eastern Tennessee, it was incredible. And the fragrance is when it's sunny. The blossoms smell like warm honey. In cooler weather it would need a sunny day to release the subtle but strong perfume of honey. Ours here bloomed out by end of August, early September. TIme to gather seed heads now, and try and tear up some vines from the side of the road where it grows wild. buy it? nawww, I dig it up alongside the road, there's so much of it around me. especially where the lake goes down every fall <g> madgardener