sunflower stem split

After last week's big rains here in Maryland my sunflower's stems split length wise. Funny thing is that they have kept right on growing. Is this normal? I think it is caused by the dry period with the quick change to rain o' plenty last week.

Reply to
higgledy

higgledy After last week's big rains here in Maryland my sunflower'

stems split length wise. Funny thing is that they have kept right on growing. Is this normal? I think it is caused by the dry period with the quick change to rain o' plenty last week.

i dont know if this is normal or not but its worth a try to just gentl prop them up somehow and wait and see what happens with them. hopefull they grow right through to maturity. good luck, sockiescat:)

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat