Sunchokes

How do I harvest these? Mine throw out stems, leaves and beautiful sunflower like flower. I had to saw down one area as it was too close to the house, replanted some in better areas. Mind you these grow to over 10 feet!
--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure

harvest them with a pitchfork, try to get every tuber and all of the roots. They will probably grow back anyway. I haven't been able to get rid of them.
glenon wrote:

Not sure what sunchokes are. Do you eat them? Any drawbacks to planting them?
They are also called Jerusalum Artichokes, cause the root tastes like an artichoke. By the way, I worried and worried all winter if my Thai ginger was going to sprout. Well, they have sprouted in full glory! Can't wait to taste this tuber!
--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure