Sugar Cane question again:)

I've got another question about growing sugar cane:) I have not been able to find any sugar cane cuttings to buy so I can plant them. A friend told me you can get sugar cane at oriental markets. My question is...if I buy some from the market, can I just stick it in the ground by the pond and it'll spread and produce more sugar cane?

Thanks for your help: ) Angie

Reply to
junkyardcat