such a thing a mole proof plants?

We have a lot of trouble with moles/voles. They eat the roots of tender young plants just put in the ground. Have a huge pasture behind us and am sure that's where they are coming from. Is there any certain type of plant that they won't mess with? We have mole plants please don't suggest those they resemble weeds.
Mogie wrote:

Your problem is due to voles, not moles. Moles are carnivores and feed primarily on soil grubs and earthworms. They do not eat plants. Voles can and will eat bulbs, tender roots, new shoots and even tree bark. The consensus is most repellants have little effect and barriers or trapping is recommended. There is no plant I am aware of that will discourage them specifically - only those they may not prefer to eat. Crushed oyster shells or coarse gravel incorporated into the planting hole of new shrubs and perennials is supposed to deter them and there are special wire mesh baskets available for bulb planting or you can make your own. Avoid piling mulch heavily around the base of plants - voles move primarily at ground level or slightly below and they like to tunnel through the softer mulch to avoid predators.
pam - gardengal