Succession planting, zone 7

I'm in mid-Atlantic zone 7 (DC area), and the peas/radishes/lettuce/spinach are about done for. I'm curious about real-world experiences with mid-summer replacement crops. This is my first year with this garden, and I've been kind of making it up as I go along. It's been a while since I've had a real garden to work with, and that was in a different climate zone.

Is it too late to put in pole beans? And is it bad or good to put them where the peas were?

Is it too early to put in cabbage, broccoli, for fall?

For those of you in the area, what *do* you like to put in in June when the spring crops fade?

Finally, would it make any sense at this point to seed a few bare patches with low maintenance annual flowers such as bachelor's buttons, cosmos, or zinnias?

Reply to
DrLith