Subject: Pigeon Manure, Chicken Manure

I had friend years ago who was a big veggie gardener and he said pigeon

>manure was the best for gardens, But I was told there is to much acid in it. >So when would you put in on the garden. I would think in fall after my >garden is done for the year. By spring it would try up and I could till it >in to the garden.By the way I live in wisconsin. CAn anyone help me out? >THANK YOU > >

You probably can use pigeon manure as a plant food.

However, I suggest that some caution be exercised when handling any kind of manure. Wild Bird Excrement might contain harmful Bacteria.

Therefore, the use of gloves and a dust mask would be recommended

A proven approach would be to make an Organic Soup.

Take:

2 tablespoons organic manure 2 teaspoons dolomite lime Add this to a pint of water in a plastic container, stir 2-4 times daily.

It takes about two weeks for this starter batch to calm down.

2nd suggestion, test the pigeon manure (soup) as a plant food on a few plants assuring or proving the safety of the concentrate.

Starting use: stir the soup and depending on if you want the larger dissolved solids in your dilution, wait between 30 seconds and 2 min. The heavy solids rapidly fall to the bottom. The longer you wait the less solids in the mix.

Dilution:

1 teaspoon to a Quart (or to a Pint) of water depending on the size and energy of the plant.

From there as the stock feed concentrate is used, you replenish the depleted mix with water (daily to maintain liquid level) & new feed (weekly or bi-weekly) along with other organics to aid in the breakdown of the nutrients.

A CRASS ADVERTISEMENT -- Please see my previous post - Subject: FS: Composted Chicken Manure, Habanero Pepper Seeds

Included - With each order, Guaranteed Analysis Sheet - Applications Guide that describes: How to make Organic Soup, and introduce organics to your plants.

Regular size makes 1 gallon of concentrate $10.00 + $5.00 shipping Total $15.00

Large size makes 2-3 gallons of concentrate $15.00 + $5.00 shipping Total $20.00

Also available if ordered at the same time as either size Organic Fertilizer -

Habanero Pepper Seeds Grow year round on the windowsill, the cuttings clone easily. Super heat and flavor. approx. 30seeds Add $ 2.50 pkt to the order per packet.

Send order to: Kmil P.O Box 1742 Toms River, N.J. 08754-1724

Email to: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net please remove the .nospam when replying.

Reply to
JacKUzi