Styrax obassia blooming

Hi all, I planted an 8 foot Styrax Obassia in the early spring of 2006. It remains healthy and has leafed out well this year. I have yet to see a bloom on it though... I didn't expect to see anything during its first spring/early summer, but I suppose I was expecting to see some blooming action this year. Does this tree typically take a few years before it starts blooming? BTW, I'm near Portland, OR, zone 8. Thanks

-Mike-

Reply to
tallguyxp