stunted morning glories

Hi,

I started a couple dozen morning glories indoors way before I should have. They were started in peat pots and got a little out of control so I had to plant them outside before it was routinely warm. They never went through a frost but endured a week or two of temps in the 30's / low 40's. Now they appear healthy and green except that they are not growing or twining. A couple of them even had flowers this morning, but the plants are only about 4 inches high and giving no indication that they're going to grow any more. They had long vines when I put them outside, but the vines died and the rest of the plant survived. I was just wondering if you think they might recover and cover my fence or if they are probably permanantly stunted? Would a little nitrogen help get them going? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeremy //Zone 5, West Michigan

p.s. They were of several varieties ...grandpa ott, flying saucer, heavenly blue, pearly gates, and some moonflowers

Reply to
someguy

In article , "someguy" writes: |> |> p.s. They were of several varieties ...grandpa ott, flying saucer, heavenly |> blue, pearly gates, and some moonflowers

Impomoea alba? That HATES the cold. It has been a miserable spring in the UK (and still is, despite being officially summer), and mine are still stunted. Don't despair, all of the morning glories will recover as it warms up. Which it will with you - even if not here.

Regards, Nick Maclaren.

Reply to
Nick Maclaren