Strawberry Pots and Vacation

I will be vacation for a week in mid July, and live in western PA, and worry that my strawberry pots will dry out. I have two plans: a. water them well, place big plastic bags over them and place them in the shade or b. water them well, place them in this big large square tub filled with water, and place them in the shade. Which solution do you think would be better?

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
Tom or Mary

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Reply to
bamboo

The plastic bag idea will kill them. Kill, as in "dead".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:lb9ng.4273$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

no kidding, baked strawberries with a side of mold. the tub idea will drown them. strawberries like well drained soil. OP really needs to find a strawberry sitter to come by & water them or set up a timer water system.

lee

Reply to
enigma

The other option is to do what works for houseplants. Move them to a place with very dim light, like in a garage. They may grow a bit leggy in the low light, but they will also use MUCH less water and recover quickly when brought outside again.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom