Strawberry orientation

I'm going to put in some strawberries. Is there any advantage to the orientation? I can plant it in several locations, shielded in each directions. Would this make a difference, say in winter, when they would be sheltered from the north wind. Or in the summer when they would be sheltered from the afternoon heat?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Might depend on where you are. Here in So.Cal they are planted to grow in the winter and given as much sun exposure as is available. Best conditions might vary in other parts of the country.

Green end up is usually good.

Reply to
Charles

I'd always prefer afternoon shade to morning shade. First, because plants usually do better in that situation and then because if you are picking strawberries after a day's work, it is more comfortable to work in the shade. And strawberries (in my experience) do fine with little bit of shade.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz