Strange seeds...

Hi, I'm new here!!!

I've some seeds from mexico, but I don't know what they are... I have looked everywhere but... nothing... Any idea???

Tnku!!!

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: CIMG2983.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: CIMG2974.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: CIMG2987.JPG | |Download:
jnituo

Is it legal to bring unknown seeds into the UK? It's not legal in the US. Any live plant materials must be declared at Customs.

Reply to
David E. Ross

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

That explains why i was not allowed to send seeds to US from my country. Does that mean if i wrote down any plant name of our native plants, our post office could send it to US for us, or are there some other regulations about the kinds of seeds they can accept from overseas? Anyway, i would have another challenge. Thanks for the info.

Ono

Reply to
Ono

Customs regulations about transporting plant material have several aims. They are trying to prevent the spread of unwanted foreign species of plants and also the spread of plant diseases. So the seeds that you want might be OK (or not depending on the species) but they could be blocked in case they carry fungal spores or dirt with other seeds in it for example. There are good reasons for such regulations so it is best to use approved methods for importing seeds. Here (Australia) the authorities take a very dim view of illegal importation of any kind of plant material and are likely to slap you with a hefty fine.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Go to

and scroll down to "Plants and Seeds".

Reply to
David E. Ross

But does anybody knows what can be the seeds??? Thnks!!!

jnituo

A wild guess: some sort of palm.

David

Reply to