Strange plant

Can someone help me ID this plant my son is growing behind our garden?
http://www.weed-pics.com/63721.jpg
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

Japanese Maple, I swear Officer.
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com

What do you mean? This is WEED? I thought it was an exotic fern..
alice

Appears to be a little chlorotic, whatever it is...... I think it's supposed to look more like the examples below:
http://www.emeryseeds.com/budshots/56-CalOrange.jpg
http://www.emeryseeds.com/budshots/883-RockBud.jpg
I was always told that when you deal with plants like this one should cover the flowers to keep them from becoming sexual active and this would heighten any desired effect!
Marc

I'll be sure to make a note of that right away.......... Gotta go...... Oh wait, cover them with what? That first one looks like they used some kind of crystalline flocking substance...........