Storms damage sugar maple!

We've been having wave after wave of strong storms.
Yesterday I worked frantically to mow the lawn (3rd time in a week!) before a dangerous squall line ran through. I just managed to get it done and got trapped in the garage during the storm.
I worried about the one neighbor's silver maple maybe coming down on me and the garage (the wind gusts were powerful). I expected more large limbs to come down off the other neighbor's weedy Siberian elm.
What I didn't expect was a good chunk of the top of my sugar maple coming down. It looks like the leader split at some point, leaving a weak crotch that finally suffered one gust too many.
Now I have to find a good arborist and hope that the tree can be salvaged...
Pat in Plymouth MI ('' is comcast)