Storing tulip bulbs

There is a bed in my yard with tulips. I want to lift them and plant elsewhere. After the green foliage browns, can I just dig the bulbs up and replant immediately or do I need to dry the bulbs before replanting?

Your subject line says "storing", but your paragraph suggests that you're actually moving them from one flower bed to another. If that's the case, there's no need to dry them.
I see the inconsistancy. Is it better to store them or replant immediatly? Why would anyone store tulip bulbs?
I had to because i ran out of time last fall. I had to store them in my fridge,I live in canada in zone 5b. I planted them in containers early spring...and they are coming up just fine...just not as tall but they are nice.